Thursday, January 2, 2014

WEEK 25 (DEC. 2) HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME....I'M BEING TRANSFERRED!!!!!!!!!!


It looks like my time in the NEK is now up. I have to say that the past six months have been the hardest and the happiest months of my life! I am so proud to say that Newport Vermont is my birthplace....in mission terminology. I have absolutely loved it here!!!! The members are so incredible and I am going to miss them so much....being transferred is almost worse than leaving home! Vermont has truly become my home these past six months.

I am happy to report that Thanksgiving was AWESOME! We made Texas Roadhouse rolls....Thanks for the recipe Whit! They were a hit! We went to Marston and Becky Cubit's home which is basically like my family out here. After dinner there we went to Mark and Sharmain Cubit's, so it was a Cubit Thanksgiving ha ha.

Friday they had a lighting ceremony and live nativity at the Joseph Smith Memorial. We were hoping to take our investigator Danielle, but she ended up having to work. Sarah, one of the youth in the branch was available to go, so Haily and her boyfriend Tyler drove us all down there and we had an incredible evening at the memorial. It was pretty neat, at the end of the program they sang silent night and a big shooting star went across the sky. It was beautiful! There is definitely a special spirit at the Joseph Smith Memorial.

Saturday we had Thanksgiving again with the Sandersons. Yep, the branch takes good care of us out here. And of course transfer calls came Saturday night. I honestly didn't feel like anything was going to happen so when the phone rang, my heart sank! Sister Fuller is going to hold the fort down here in Orleans, and I'm packing my bags....happy birthday to me. They are having us go all the way to transfer meeting in Manchester so I'm guessing I'll go to somewhere in New Hampshire or Maine.....only time will tell. Any predictions?!? People told me that I should avoid Caribou Maine because it's even colder than Newport.....so that's probably where I'll be going ha ha ha.

I didn't sleep much Saturday night ha ha

Sunday was good, but kind of hard. I love the people here in the Newport Branch. After church we went and said some goodbyes. We went to the Sandersons and to Marston and Becky Cubits. Bro. Cubit gave me a blessing before we left so I know I'll be just fine as I head into my new area.

Today is kind of a really neat day. 9 months ago today I went through the Mt. Timpanogos Temple to receive my endowments. 6 months ago today I was set apart as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 22 years ago today I was born into the most incredible family! How blessed am I?? I hear a lot how serving a mission is a sacrifice, but the blessings that I receive so far outnumber the sacrifices. I feel spoiled with all the blessings that I receive and for the peace and comfort I feel, even when everything inside of me would normally be freaking out! I am very excited for what is ahead and I can't wait for the new people that I will be able to meet and the great experiences that await me in New England!

So in light that I am being transferred I thought it would be appropriate to talk a bit about aligning our will to God's will. Being a missionary Hymn 270 takes on a very literal meaning. I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go. There are many instances in our lives when we don't completely understand or comprehend the reasons why God gives us certain challenges, but that is where faith comes in. God knows exactly where He needs us and where we will learn and grow into what He knows we can become. I'd like to invite you all to take the advice of third verse with me. "There's surely somewhere a lowly place in earths harvest field so wide. Where I may labor through life's short day for Jesus, the Crucified So trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing thou lovest me, I'll do thy will with a heart sincere: I'll be what you want me to be." I know that God has great things in store for all of His children. When we pray for the guidance to become who He knows we can become, I absolutely know He will help us.

I love you all so much and wish you a very happy week! I'm off to eat blueberry birthday pancakes at the Sandersons ha ha.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!!!

Much love,
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment