Thursday, January 2, 2014

WEEK 18 (OCT. 14)- MY LIFE CALLING


What a week!
Well we'll start with Monday. We went and played baseball with some members of the branch towards the end of our pday and it was a BLAST! It was pretty overcast, so we didn't know how that was going to go. It was raining a good majority of the time, but it was so fun. Embarrassing story time.....So the first time I was up to bat....remember it was raining.....I took a nice swing and although I didn't hit the ball, the bat made it to third base. Oh man it was so embarrassing. Luckily it didn't get close to hitting anyone, but man it just flew right out of my hands. I have a feeling I won't hear the end of this little event, well at least while I'm in this area. Then the real fun came. We were in the middle of the game and in a split second it just started to down pour. We all got completely soaked! It was so much fun though! We are playing again tonight so I'm excited for that!

We were on exchange Tuesday and I went to Littleton New Hampshire. It is a fun little town! On Tuesday morning we were going to do mormon.org and there wasn't an opening on any of the computers for another 20 minutes so we went to do some street contacting. Littleton has a thing called the Littleton Piano Project, so all along main street they have pianos and guitars set up for anyone to play. I decided to sit down and whip out a few hymns. It was awesome!
Through that little experience we were able to hand out a Book of Mormon and a family history card! Talk about exciting! The people there were so friendly. Another fun experience from that day came when we were teaching one of their potential investigators, Shirley. She is a sweet older lady. We had a great lesson with her and at the end of the lesson, Sister Jackman was saying the prayer. After the amen, we opened our eyes, but Shirley didn't, she fell right asleep. Ha ha ha it was too funny! Luckily she woke up! She was too cute.

Wednesday was awesome! At our district meeting we made our own Title of Liberties, just like Moroni. I'll have to send a picture of it.




 











Thursday was interesting. The morning and mid afternoon, everything was falling through so we were a little frustrated and didn't know what to do. We had a good lesson with Torre and we had her make her own Title of Liberty, it turned out to be a great lesson. We noticed that our neighbors had just got a big load of wood dumped on their front lawn that needed to be stacked. We got in our service clothes and went and asked if we could help. They were really excited for our help. We got all their wood stacked and they cooked us pizza! It was awesome! They invited us to come back anytime. It was AWESOME. Nothing like service to make friends with your neighbors.

We did some more wood stacking on Friday! I think that's my calling in life. We went to the Cubits and helped them gather some wood from their property. We also helped dig up some potatoes, which was fun. It was like a big Easter egg hunt, but with potatoes. We had a good lesson with Danielle and we are still working on getting her ready for baptism. She doesn't have a date yet, because she is struggling with being consistent in coming to church, but we are getting there!
I bet you'll never guess what we did Saturday...we stacked wood! Everyone is getting ready for winter! I actually really enjoy stacking wood. Do you think they have a major for that in college? Earlier in the day we helped pick up apples for the Perry's. I was pretty excited because I was the designated tree climber. I got to climb the trees and shake the branches so more apples would fall. I was just happy for an excuse to climb trees! 


Sunday was incredible! We had Stake Conference in Essex. All the speakers were so inspiring. It was like General Conference all over again. One of the talks is what I wanted to base the last part of my letter on. This talk was given my my mission President, President Stoker. It was all about member missionary work. He talked about how we can be better member missionaries. He first started by saying to "Never, never, never ignore a prompting from the Lord" There are many times that the Lord will prompt us to do something and when we are in tune and act on those promptings, we can bring many people closer to God. "Testimony is to know and to feel, conversion is to do and become." As we strengthen our testimony we can become more and more converted. One thing President Stoker invited everyone to do is to kneel down every morning and specifically pray for God to "put in my path somebody I can share the gospel with". He promised that fear will be replaced with faith and confidence when we pray for missionary experiences. The great news is is that you don't have to worry about what to say to share the gospel, that's what the missionaries are for! All you have to do is invite. So that is my invitation to all of you. I know that as you kneel in prayer every morning and pray for people to be put in your path to share the gospel with, God will provide. I love this gospel and I am so happy being a missionary! I know this church is true!

I hope you all have a happy and successful week inviting people to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Much love,

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment