Thursday, January 2, 2014

WEEK 24 (NOV. 25)- ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE


HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

My heart is truly full of the Thanksgiving spirit right about now. There is nowhere in the world that is better for me to be at this time than right where I am. I LOVE being a missionary! Being in the poorest part of Vermont I have learned a lot about how truly blessed I am. The people here are amazing and I absolutely love them. They are the most humble and sincere people I have ever met and they give all they have to those in need. I learn so much from them every single day.

We've entered in to what is called the "Dark Hours" out here in the NEK. It gets dark at 4pm and these people are up when the suns up and down when its down. So we've got to get creative to keep the work moving. The work has been a little slow, but our hope is that the holiday's will soften peoples hearts to listen to the message of the restored Gospel. We've thought of building snowmen families and teaching people how our families can be together forever. Ha ha ha you gotta do what you gotta do out here in Vermont. Speaking of families, I have been thinking a lot on the things I am grateful for, and the list is ongoing. I truly feel so blessed to be a missionary and to have been raised in the Gospel. I have the most incredible family in the world that I get to be with for eternity! I have the opportunity to share this wonderful news with the people of New England. I am also oh so grateful for the support and encouragement that I receive every single day from all of you. I truly feel the power of the prayers that are offered in behalf of missionaries. This work is hard and is impossible to do alone.

I love you all so much and am so very grateful for all of you! I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving and remember all the things that you have to be grateful for. I'll leave you with a scripture in Alma. Alma 34:38...."live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."

I LOVE YOU ALL AND WISH YOU A VERY VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Sister Dixon   

No comments:

Post a Comment