Monday, January 20, 2014

TREE-OH


Well transfers are here again and I'm staying in Saco! Sister Cowley, my companion, is heading out. She's so great that they have to send in two more sisters to replace her, so I get to be in a trio! Wohoo! This will be a fun experience, I'm sure.

This week was so great. We saw so many miracles and just had a lot of great things happen.

I was kind of getting the vibe that Sis. Cowley was going to leave because things kept falling into place with us being able to contact people that we hadn't been able to contact throughout this last transfer, and if she were to have left before we contacted these people, I wouldn't have really known who they were. So we saw a lot of miracles with those types of occurrences this week, which was awesome!

We got a new investigator this week. Her name is Janice, and she works at the library we go to every week to email. We had a good, and slightly funny first lesson with her. She had a lot of questions that would all be answered if we shared with her the message of the restoration. She had these wonderful questions and the second we would begin to try and answer them she'd cut us off and say "and that's what I have a question about" and go off on how she had a question on what we were trying to answer. We had quite a hard time trying to answer her questions, ha ha ha but it was all a good learning experience. I'm sure our lessons will go a little better in the future! Sister Cowley and I had a good laugh about it afterward.

We set a baptismal date for Eliza this past week for February 1st! Unfortunately she didn't make it to church yesterday so we had to drop the date. She is so close!

On Saturday since it was the night of transfer calls we stuck to tradition of eating out and celebrating our transfer by treated ourselves to Olive Gardern :) :) :) yummm! Receiving the transfer call that night that Sister Cowley was leaving wasn't super surprising. Although, I was pretty suprised to be put in a trio though, so that will be fun!

Sunday was great! We had an awesome dinner with the Tippetts and Colberts and with Rae, Faith, and Marge(three ladies who live in a retirement community). It was such a fun dinner and great way to end of this transfer.

I wanted to share something we learned in Gospel Principles yesterday about Faith in Jesus Christ. We were discussing some of the blessings that come from having faith in Christ. We went to the book of Enos in the Book of Mormon. Enos prayed mightily for forgiveness of his sins and when he was forgiven he asked God how it was done. This is the answer he received from God. "And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole."

Not only was this an incredible miracle that came to Enos because of his faith in Jesus Christ, but it's incredible what faith can do for us. Not only does faith result in forgiveness, but it results in being made whole. Whether that means whole in our physical ailments, our mental, emotional or spiritual challenges or whole in heart, through faith we can be made whole. I definitely have found this to be true as I have been serving my mission. I have seen it happen in the lives of many people I am blessed to meet and I have seen it in my life also. I have such a love for this Gospel and the hope, happiness and healing that comes from it. I absolutely love being a missionary. It is by far the greatest decision I have ever made.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Peace and Blessings

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment