Thursday, January 2, 2014

WEEK 14- OUR PLAN OF SALVATION


I don't really know how to start this email. I guess I'll start with something that I do know; God lives and He loves His children. This morning in personal study I focused my studies on the Plan of Salvation. One scripture came to my mind fairly quickly. Alma 40:11 "Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." I know that Grandpa is with God and that God has a plan for him in the eternities. For me everything sounds a lot better coming from a prophet. President Ezra Taft Benson said "sometimes the veil between this life and the life beyond becomes very thin. Our loved ones who have passed on are not far from us". It is such a blessing to have the knowledge not only that there is life after death, but that there is progression after death. Death is not an ending, it truly is a beginning. As missionaries we teach the Plan of Salvation all the time. Never before has it had such a personal meaning to me as it does now. I truly want to more fully understand and know where Grandpa is. The Gospel of Jesus Christ gives us all the knowledge and information that we need to know exactly what happens to us after we leave this mortal life. In branch council this past Sunday we talked about the Plan of Salvation (coincidence....don't think so) and how each individual has their own personal "plan of salvation". I know that this is a perfect plan that only our Heavenly Father could have created. I also know that angels are a big part of missionary work. Now, Grandpa can be one of the angels that helps us along our mortal journey. I want everyone reading this email to know that I have a testimony of this gospel. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to be the true church on the earth today. I also know that this church and the things we believe extend beyond this life, into the eternities. I know that God loves His children and has an individually perfect plan for every single person who has and ever will live on the earth.

Much love,

Sister Dixon     

No comments:

Post a Comment