Monday, April 7, 2014

WE THANK THEE O GOD FOR A PROPHET

Oh what a week!

Sister Burton and I are both staying another transfer here in Dover. This is the first transfer since October that things have stayed the same. We are exciting for some stability ha ha ha.
Lots of great thing happened this week. It's finally beginning to feel like Spring! We still have a couple of feet of snow to melt away, but it feels great outside!

I'm going to blast out some miracles that happened this week, because I want to make sure I have time to talk about GENERAL CONFERENCE!

We were blessed with many unplanned opportunities to do service this week. It was awesome. One was with Sister Pratt. We were in Brownville and decided to stop by. We noticed that their driveway needed shoveling so we whipped out our shovels from the trunk and got er done. We then were able to go in and visit and help her with some dishes. She is recovering from surgery so she couldn't keep up with the household chores. We had a similar opportunity on Thursday when we were in Dover. Our Relief Society President is expecting a baby and has had some difficulties with her pregnancy so we were able to stop by and do her dishes too! We got to do service again at PAWS and at the Bissell's farm which is always a blessing. We had an awesome experience with the Leemans. They are great member missionaries who are always inviting their friends to learn about the gospel. Their friends Eddy and Suzie that we had had dinner with before invited us to their home with the Leemans to have dinner again. It was awesome. They are such great people and it is incredible what happens when members and missionaries work together.
Now to Conference.......MIND BLOWN! It was so good and I'm so sad it's already over. What were everyone's favorite talks? I'm not sure I could say that I had one absolute favorite because they were all SO good. I think the one that was just for me was Elder Bednar's in the Sunday Morning session. The entire Sunday Morning session was just amazing! I was hardly able to take notes because I was completely locked in to everything that was being said. I am just so speechless with the amount of inspired information that we received this weekend. We are so blessed to have living prophets and apostles who guide us today. And we are so blessed to have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to have an incredible family who has raised me to have faith in my Savior, and I know that I get to spend eternity with them! If you have yet to watch conference I strongly urge you to do so! It changed my life and I know it will change yours too! I also encourage all of you to apply Moroni's promise to everything that was said this weekend. "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam, even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."(Moroni 10:3-5)
I am so happy to be a missionary right now at this exciting time! I love you all and I want you all to know how much I love this gospel and how much I love being able to serve the Lord. I have never been happier.

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment