Monday, April 14, 2014

HE IS RISEN

We had an awesome week this week!
Monday we had a FHE with Sis. Price. She is quite the crafty lady and loves to make jewelry so she got out some of her beads...which was more than I've ever seen in my life... and we made necklaces. It was awesome.
Tuesday we had a great opportunity to talk to Jim and Leanna. They are good friends with the Leemans and have been taught by missionaries in the past. We were able to have a great discussion with them and set up another time to meet with them (which was supposed to be tonight, Monday.....but they just cancelled about five minutes ago....missionary life up close). We also stopped by the Pratt's on Tuesday and they are just awesome. Elijah, the one who informed us that we had a future in bread making knocked out some more quotables. His mom was saying how he doesn't like to do chores and he agreed and said, "Ya I consider myself to be a fun loving guy". This boy is nine years old and hilarious. It was probably one of those moments that you'd 'have to be there' but it definitely got us all laughing.
Thursday was life changing. We had a Sister's Meeting with all the Sisters in Maine and part of New Hampshire. It was INCREDIBLE! We heard from so many awesome women and we were all so uplifted. I left my study notebook at the apartment so I can't spill all the incredible information we recieved that day into this email, but I will definitely share it soon.
We went on exchange after the Sister's Meeting and I got to spend all day Friday with Sister Houston. We had a car fast that day so we got to walk to all our destinations and it was glorious! The weather was so nice! That night Sister Sutton drove us to Bangor to exchange back. Sister Burton came back from being with one of the Brewer Sisters with a bag of soda cans to add to our collection of returnables. Sister Sutton noticing the bag of cans inquired about them and we informed her that we are collecting cans so that we can build up our ice cream fund. She had three huge garbage bags in her suburban filled with cans and she gave them all to us! We were in heaven. I think we'll be getting ice cream this week.....and probably every week. It was funny too because the next morning we went for a little jog down the street and made ten cents in twenty minutes! We each found one can to add to our collection. We are making bank here in Milo.
Sunday was great too. Church was incredible and so many people came. After it was over we looked outside and IT WAS SNOWING! I thought we were done with snow, but then I remembered I'm in Maine. All is well though, it's a beautiful day today.
We have another great week to look forward to. Zone Conference tomorrow, and Easter on Sunday! And every happy thing in between! So very excited!
I absolutely love the Easter season because of what we are celebrating it for, the Resurrection of our Savior. I want to add my testimony to the prophet Joseph Smith Joseph "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, that he lives!" I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and not only did He die for us, but He lives for us. I love you all and I hope you have a very happy and safe Easter week! You're in my prayers.

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment