Monday, November 3, 2014

BEN AND JERRY'S



Hello hello!
Today is the first day of my last transfer.  Craziest feeling ever!   We are going to the Ben and Jerry's Factory today with the district, so my email may be a little short! 
A lot of changes are happening in our district this transfer.  Someone from every companionship in our district is being transferred except for me and Sister McVey!  Yay!  I am SO happy that Sister McVey and I get another transfer serving together!  We are going to make it the best transfer ever!
We had an interesting but good week this past week!
First off I want to share some exciting news!  I finished the Book of Mormon!  President Stoker extended the invitation for all of us to start the Book of Mormon over and read it from cover to cover.  We only had about six weeks to do it, which meant about twelve pages a day.  That doesn't sound like much, but it was a challenge.....and a huge BLESSING!  I have never felt the Spirit so strong reading through the Book of Mormon as I did this time.  It was SO exciting.  I love the Book of Mormon and am so grateful for the guidance it gives.  If you aren't reading it, you should!
Last Monday we got a call as we were emailing with an opportunity to go and help someone move in.  We jumped on the opportunity and were able to meet some incredible people.  That night we had a Family Home Evening with the Mitchell family.  We carved pumpkins and had Chili for dinner so it was quite the great evening.



Tuesday we had our Zone Conference and it was great as usual!  Tons of incredible training from our leaders and of course we got to finish it off watching Meet the Mormons!  It was so wonderful!
We were able to meet with more members that we hadn't been able to get to know previously which was a huge blessing!  Getting to know the members better has been so great!
We had a pretty peaceful transfer call night.  We pretty well knew that nothing would be happening in our companionship which was a huge relief.
A little follow up from focusing on gratitude throughout the week.  I noticed a HUGE difference in my week because I focused on being grateful.  So many things fell through this week.  Nonetheless every night as I knelt down to pray, I made it a point to thank God for all the ways He blessed us throughout the day.   As I did this all the things that went wrong seemed so minimal compared to the MANY blessings that God poured out upon us throughout the day.  God is good.
The invitation I wanted to extend to you all this week is to ask God what He wants you to learn this week.  I have often wondered this as I have been serving here in Lamoille.  Sometimes we can feel like we are in a rut in different situations in our lives, but one thing that is important to remember and to pay attention to is what God is trying to teach us.

I am so excited for this transfer and I am so grateful to be a missionary in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission!  I hope you all have a great week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment