Monday, November 10, 2014

WHAT GREATER WITNESS CAN YE HAVE THAN FROM GOD?


What a week!
This has been one of the most interesting weeks of my mission.
The week started off quite well with a district pday at the Ben and Jerry's Factory. It was like Heaven! It was a weird day too. I felt so weird realizing that I am now on my last transfer. I'm not too sure how excited I was to make that realization.


Tuesday was great as usual. We had a great day doing service at Second Chance, teaching and then Bible Study. Sharon, an amazing girl who joined the church in May invited us to come to her Christian Fellowship group on Tuesday evenings. I've probably already mentioned this Bible Study in emails previous, but I don't remember. Anywho, at this particular Bible study we talked about the Godhead. Never before had I realized how truly blessed we are to know the nature of God. He is a distinct, individual, and separate being. Jesus Christ also. The Holy Ghost is unlike God and Jesus Christ in that he does not have a body. Although they are separate and individual they are perfectly united in their purpose to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. How blessed we are to have this knowledge! It just makes sense.

Wednesday was where the craziness began. In our most recent Zone Conference, President Stoker encouraged us to never go to a meeting without a question in mind that we want answered. I took his counsel and I went to district meeting with a question. Because I am short on time I can't give too many details, and it's hard to explain in words experiences I have had with feeling the spirit so either way, sorry for the lack of details. I can say though that my question was answered directly. And as it was answered I knew! The feeling that overcame me was one of awe and amazement, realizing that God cares about me, and wants to answer my questions. I have never felt so blessed in all my life as I have being a missionary. This truly is the work of salvation.

The rest of the week was filled with experiences that solidified my testimony and helped complete my conversion to this gospel. I could never deny the incredible feelings and experiences that I have had on my mission. What once was a belief and a hope that there is a God, has turned into understanding and a knowledge that there is no possible way that anything is possible without God. We have the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it has been restored to the earth in its fullness. And we can know for ourselves that it is true! "What greater witness can ye have than from God?" Doctrine and Covenants 6:23

So for my invitation for the week, I want to invite all of you to ask God to help you understand the vision that He has for you. Pray to understand the incredible potential that God sees in you. I can promise as you do this God will enlighten your mind and help you to understand who you truly are and who's you truly are. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary.....and I love all of you! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment