Monday, August 11, 2014

STOKED FOR STOKER


Alright I know that I say that just about every week is incredible and miraculous.....well this week was beyond incredible and miraculous!!!!! Most of the email will probably be about Sunday because Sunday was UNREAL!
Well I should probably start by letting you all know that I am being transferred. This is a very bitter sweet time. I have absolutely loved serving in Dover. The people I have met here will be eternal friends. I have so many incredible memories and growing experiences here in this area. I am excited for what's ahead and I'm grateful for all that I've learned from being here in this area.
So let me tell you a little bit of what went on on Sunday. I think I mentioned in my last email that President and Sister Stoker were going to be visiting the Dover Branch this Sunday. They came and spoke, first President Stoker did a training in Branch Council and then they both spoke in Sacrament Meeting. They both also taught the combined third hour class. It was incredible! 


Another incredible part of church was the people who attended. Two of our investigators, Eddie and Susie came for the first time!!!!! I can't even begin to explain how much I love Eddie and Susie. They are incredible and having them at church made me so incredibly happy. During the second hour meeting, Sister Danner and I were teaching one of the primary classes when some members came and said they'd take our class because someone had just stopped in to visit our church. Much to our surprise, a younger girl named Christine was heading to her church in Charleston and was running late. She saw our church building which she had never noticed before and saw our sign that said Jesus Christ so she decided to see if she could make it to our services. One of the members was in the parking lot and was able to guide her to the Gospel Principles class. She stayed for that and for the third hour. She was very intrigued by our meetings and she wants to learn more! Can you say miracle???? After church we had a linger longer and had corn on the cob. It was such an incredible day!! It almost felt surreal.

Today things have begun to sink in a little more knowing that I will be leaving the people and the place that I love. We were able to say goodbye....well, see you later to Mike and Michele. We also had a lunch out on Sebec Lake with the Dows.


 They cooked us up some real Maine lobster! It was so fun! 


More goodbyes tonight, and we get to leave bright and early tomorrow morning to head to transfer meeting in Manchester. 4:30am! Wohoo! I do have a strong testimony on transfers being inspired. I know for a fact that every area that God has sent me to has been for a reason. I have seen God's hands in so many ways serving here in Dover. I can't even begin to describe the transformation that has taken place here.

I want you all to know how much this gospel means to me. It has helped me in more ways than I can even begin to acknowledge. I love our Savior Jesus Christ and I know that this is His Gospel again restored to the earth. I know that this is His work, and I am so happy that I have the privilege of being a part of it.
I hope you all have an awesome week!
Peace and Blessings

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment