Monday, August 26, 2013

WEEK11- JACOB 4

This email may be a little shorter than the others which may be a nice break because I tend to be long winded in my emails!  Time is just too short 
This week has been INCREDIBLE!  
We had a great Relief Society dinner on Tuesday.  Torre one of our investigators came with us and it was a blast.  Sister Cubit put together a great evening of fun and food.  She had it set up as a school setting so we went through the 'lunch line' to get dinner and she had her daughters as the lunch ladies putting the food on our trays.  We did a lot of fun activities and she had a great lesson on journal writing.  A lot of the time I feel that my journal entries are just putting a list of things I did that day.  She gave great counsel to write the ways that we see God's hand in our lives.  I believe it was quoted in a talk from Elder Eyring....not completely sure though.  Anyways, keeping a journal is very important.  This morning when I was reading in the Book of Mormon, the importance of journal writing was again reiterated.  Jacob 4:3-5.  I encourage you to look that one up!
On Wednesday we had our Book of Mormon class and the chapter we studied was Alma 17, talk about a powerful chapter.  The moon that night was incredible it was full and RED!  It was absolutely beautiful!  I immediately thought of Grandma and I hope she looked at the moon that night too.  She always appreciates a beautiful moon!  
Thursday we got to do service for our new Relief Society President Sister Casey.  She is wonderful.  We went and helped her in her garden.  She has an incredible garden, it is huge!  She gave us some blackberries, cucumbers, peas and broccoli!  We are spoiled.  I just realized we are really short on time but missionary work is really moving forward in this area!!! I will give a better update next week!  My challenge for the week for all of you is to write in your journals!  I know that as you do so and focus specifically on the ways that you have seen the hand of the Lord in your life that you will be amazed by the many ways that God has helped you.
I love you all and wish you the best this next week!  
Sister Dixon    

No comments:

Post a Comment