Monday, July 14, 2014

GOD OF MIRACLES


I don't even know how to explain the events that occurred this week.
After pday last monday we started off the week with a bang! We were blessed with being able to find two new investigators! After our meeting them, we tried stopping by Mike and Michele's because we hadn't been able to get in touch with them for a few weeks. We got to their home and we received a very warm greeting. Come to find out that they had gotten new phones so we didn't have the correct phone number for them. We had an incredible conversation with them and it just was such a great way to start off the week. Michele fried up some dandelion greens and milkweed for us to try, it was surprisingly delicious! That was the first of the interesting things I've eaten this week.

Tuesday was another incredible day. We were able to help a family in the branch with some service in their home. We have been trying for weeks to be able to arrange a time to help this family, but for one reason or another it would fall through. This was not the case on Tuesday, we were able to do service and it was awesome!

Wednesday was just an overall good day.

A miracle from Thursday was in a lesson with a less active girl that we meet with weekly. In our lesson she said that she is in 1 Nephi 14! This may seem simple, but I'll tell you that this is nothing short of miraculous. Sister Danner and I were beaming!

Friday was probably one of the best days I've had on my mission. It started off with our studies that morning. I had a really good personal study, and then it just got better from there. We started our companionship study and we were stuck with what to share with a less active couple we would be seeing later in the day. We knelt down and said another prayer specifically asking what they needed to hear today. The thing that came to my mind was a movie called Together Forever. I didn't even know what this movie was about. I went and grabbed it off the shelf and we started to watch it. Any of you who are familiar with this particular movie are probably getting quite the kick of this idea right now. This movie is easily one of the cheesiest church videos ever created. As we watched it I sat there wondering "Why in the world did this come to my mind?!" It wasn't long before Sister Danner popped up with the idea to talk about the Plan of Salvation. It all flowed from there. The video starts off by asking what was the happiest moment you've ever experienced. We too felt that this is how we should start our discussion with the family we would be seeing later that day. I have never felt the Spirit guide a lesson plan as I did during this time. It was unreal. We called the couple and arranged to see them later in the afternoon. Both Sister Danner and I were greatly anticipating this lesson. We got to their home and the experience we had with them was one that I will never forget. The Spirit was so incredibly strong and we were guided in everything that we shared. It confirmed so strongly to me that God is a God of miracles and that this is His work. What an incredible manifestation of God's power and love for His children. I have had a few very precious and rare experiences on my mission where God has allowed me to feel and recognize just a portion of the love He has for His children. That particular day was definitely one of those experiences. What a great blessing it is to be a representative of Jesus Christ.

Saturday one of the Elders investigators was baptized. It was a very neat experience witnessing this life changing event take place.

Sunday was great. The highlight was probably our dinner with the Atwater family. We played restoration jeopardy with them and the Spirit was so strong in their home.

The experiences I've shared in this email are only a portion of what happened this week. It was completely FILLED with so many wonderful growing experiences that I don't have time or the ability to explain fully. My testimony has been strengthened a great deal this week and my conversion deepened. I absolutely love this gospel and I know that God is working right along side us in this incredible work.

I'm going to extend to all of you reading this email the same invitation that our branch council is working on this week. That is to go about doing good. In chapter 9 of Preach My Gospel there is a section on going about doing good. We are all going to be praying for opportunities to find ways we can do service and good to those around us. A quote from President Hinckley says it best. “Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people. … Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ.”


I love you all and hope that you have an incredible week!
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment