Monday, June 23, 2014

MISSIONS ARE AWKWARD, FUNNY AND INSPIRATIONAL....EMBRACE IT!


Week six say what??? Where did this transfer go? I can't believe it has already been an entire transfer! I feel like I just picked up Sister Danner yesterday! My baby is growing up so fast! We had interviews with President Stoker this past week and he hinted that Sister Danner and I will be together another transfer. That makes me quite happy! Sister Danner is great and I love being in Dover, so life is good!
I got to go on exchange this past week with one of my old companions,Sister Cowley! I went down to Bangor and spent Tuesday night, all day Wednesday and Wednesday night there! I hadn't left Dover since I got here in February so it was a little weird leaving my home! I don't have much time to email today so I'm just going to share three quick stories with you. An awkward story, a funny story and an inspirational story.

....here we go

1. Awkward Story

It was Monday evening and we had just finished eating dinner at one of the members homes. We were contacting a potential and he answered the door and let us in. He told his daughter (who is about in her 30's) to come down. His daughter yelled back asking why, and he said that she had company. His daughter walks down the stairs and she was NOT happy to see us. They start arguing a bit back and forth and the dad tried to defend himself by saying in a roundabout way that he didn't want to let us in either. Sister Danner and I were wondering why in the world he even let us in then. After a painfully awkward moment we were able to get out of there. What an awkward way to start the week right We got a good laugh out of it anyway though!

2. Funny Story

This happened on Tuesday! We were driving to Dover when I saw what I thought was a cat crossing the road. I quickly realized that this creature was moving way too slow to be a cat. I soon came to the conclusion that this was no cat......it was a turtle! It was huge! I slammed on the breaks because there was no going around it due to oncoming traffic. I stopped in just enough time. About 30 seconds later the turtle makes it to the side of the road. Sister Danner got photo evidence.



3. Inspirational Story

Sunday afternoon was filled with a lot of incredible experiences. I wanted to highlight one. We were heading back to Milo and the Sister Training Leaders needed us to call them once we got back, so we were intending to go straight home. The thought crossed my mind to stop at the Leemans before we went back to the apartment. I didn't see any need to stop by the Leemans, so I tried to justify not going. I generally have an ongoing conversation in my mind with God throughout the day so I had a bit of a funny conversation with Him as I tried to justify not going to the Leemans. Right when we pulled onto the Leemans street the Flints (who also live on that street) immediately came to mind. Countless times we have tried to catch them at home, but we have yet to meet the Flints since I have been here. We briefly stopped by the Leemans and were able to set up time to help them this week with service, which I initially thought...hmmm maybe that's why we stopped by. After our visit with them, we quickly walked to the Flints to see if they were home. Right as we were walking up their driveway, their garage door opened and they were coming out the door! They were just going to go for a ride, but they were excited to see us so they invited us in to visit! It was awesome! So moral of the story is, don't question a prompting, even if it doesn't make sense! You just never know what God has in mind.

That's all I have time for this week!
I hope you all have an incredible week.

Peace and Blessings!
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment