Monday, May 12, 2014

SNOW BLOWERS TO LAWN MOWERS


Spring has sprung here in Maine, and it happened fast. It felt like about a week ago that there were ten feet of snow on the ground. Now the grass is so green and the weather is wonderful!

A lot of great experiences came out of this week. Sister Burton and I have learned a little bit more about the Atonement. Everything seemed a little interesting this past week and a lot of things fell through. Great investigators decided that they didn't want to progress and things were a little difficult. We had an incredible zone meeting on how we can make the Atonement personal in our lives. I wanted my understanding of the Atonement to increase and so I prayed that I would be able to understand it more fully. As things continued to be pretty hard with the work, I was wondering why everything all of a sudden became so difficult, and why people had to use their agency in unwise ways. I had been praying very diligently for help and I didn't see why God wouldn't just miraculously make everything better. Little did I know that God was just answering my prayers. Jesus Christ's mission was not easy. He worked miracles everyday and people still persecuted him and didn't believe him to be the Son of God. Why do I expect my mission to be any different? Through these experiences I was able to catch a tiny glimpse of what Christ went through for us. It goes along perfectly with what Christ teaches in John chapter 15 in the Bible.

19:If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20:Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is no greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21:But these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

I know who I am serving, and I glory in it, hard times and all.

Do not despair. We saw some pretty incredible miracles this week too. Sister Ellison invited her friend Charlotte over for dinner and we were able to teach the Restoration; she now wants to learn more. After church on Sunday we had a lesson with two of our investigators at one of the members home and it was incredible! They connected immediately and the members were able to share why they love what they believe and know to be true. It truly is best when members and missionaries work together.

I had the wonderful privilege of being able to talk about one of my favorite topics in Sacrament Meeting.....my mom! All four of the missionaries in the branch were asked to speak on the topic of moms. It was a very spirit filled meeting. We love our moms!

I don't have much time this week because we're having a district pday! Wohoo!

Well to end I want to say a very special thanks to my favorite Mom! I hate to break it to all of you readers, but I have the best Mom in the world. She is my hero and my best friend. I love her and all the words in the world couldn't even begin to describe the incredible impact she has had on me. Love you Mom! I also want to send out a special thanks to the Mother's who have changed my life....there are many of them. I am so grateful for mothers. I love this gospel and I love that I get to be with my mother for all eternity. Have a great week everyone!

Love,

Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment