Monday, May 26, 2014

PHILLIPIANS 4:13


There aren't many words to explain this past week. It's been quite the week! I am happy to report I have survived my first week training. I still feel like I'm a brand new missionary myself! It is quite the humbling opportunity to train a new missionary. I think I'm learning more than my trainee is from this experience! Sister Danner has already taught me so many things.

Tuesday we had a very long day of traveling. Being in Dover, we are one of the furthest areas in the mission so it takes about four hours to get to transfer meeting. We hit the road just after 4a.m. Sister Sutton was an angel and drove us down to Manchester to our meeting. This transfer four new sisters came out and no new elders! Sister power right there!

A little bit about my awesome new companion. Her name is Sister Danner and she is from Coeur d'Alene Idaho and she is 19 years old. I am very lucky to have her as my companion!

We've had a lot of great experiences already. Sister Danner has jumped right in! We went on splits on Sunday and she taught a lesson on her own with one of the members. My baby is already growing up so fast! This weeks letter is going to be quite short. I'll definitely give more details in the future! I just want to share a few of the things I have learned/been reminded of this week. First of all I have learned that God knows us perfectly! Every single day I have felt God helping me through each new experience. I know that without His help, doing this work would not be possible. I have also learned of the happiness that comes from being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I could not imagine my life without this gospel. I have come to realize how truly magnificent it is to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. Also the knowledge that we are eternal beings and that we have a purpose in this life to become like our Savior Jesus Christ so that we can return to be in His presence again after our life on earth. I have felt the power of prayer not only helping me with new experiences, but helping me feel complete happiness and joy in doing the work of the Lord. I have never felt such joy as I have when sharing the gospel. Thanks to President Dieter F. Uchtdorf I have learned that we can be grateful in all things not just grateful for things (check out his talk from this past general conference...it's incredible https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/04/grateful-in-any-circumstances?lang=eng). I've also learned that "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

I love you ALL and I hope you have an incredible week!!!

Peace and Blessings from Maine!
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment