Monday, February 24, 2014

OUR TRIO'S DOWN TO TWO

Well the dreaded transfer calls came and I'M BEING TRANSFERRED! I feel like I just got here! Our trio's down to two! Sister Jackman and Sister Berg are both staying here in Saco and they are going to do an incredible job! I got the boot and am off to a new adventure! My new companion and I will be switching out an elders area which will be a brand new experience!...Sisters are taking over!
My mind is still a little blown right now so if this email doesn't make sense....you'll know why.
So as you all know we got to go to the temple this past week!!!!! and oh my goodness it was amazing! Exactly what we all needed. We made it down to Boston in an hour and a half, but the ride home was a different story. It took us nearly five hours to get home(we did stop for lunch though) ha ha ha. But at least we made it safely. They actually shut down the temple after our session because of the weather! Oh the things we'll do to get to the temple.
The rest of the week was pretty miraculous. We had a lot of really neat experiences. Two of our investigators accepted the invitation to be baptized. Abby is getting baptized March 11th which is so soon Melody committed to be baptized in April!
So many great things are happening here in Maine!
I forgot to bring my planner with me so I can hardly remember what went on this week. All the days mesh together!
We helped one of our investigators paint this past week which was a lot of fun. She is opening up a community kitchen type thing as a safe place for struggling people to go. She is quite the lady!
Sister Courchene (our Relief Society President) had given us a list of less active members that she wanted us to stop by and visit. We were going to visit a particular member and knocked on the door. There were a lot of lights on so we figured someone was home. Nobody answered the door so we continued on to our next destination. Before we got too far away we felt we needed to go back and try again. We went back and knocked again....this time on the inner door (New Englanders don't believe in using front doors) and she answered the door. Turns out that she hasn't been active in the church for over 15 years. We were able to talk to her for a minute and got to know her story, at the end we had the chance to say a prayer with her. She said that it was the first prayer that she had heard in years! It was such a neat experience.
Abby's lesson was another miracle. Everyone present was very in tune with the Spirit and the lesson was incredible. When we brought up baptism she said how she feels so much more ready now than she did just a few weeks ago. She wants to be baptized on March 11th which is her parents anniversary. I have never taught anyone like Abby before . She is changing her life for this gospel, and it is so incredible to see.
We had our Stake Patriarch speak to us Sunday about patriarchal blessings. It was an incredible reminder that we need to turn to our patriarchal blessing for guidance and for a glimpse of our eternal potential of what Heavenly Father wants us to become.
I have learned so much this last transfer! I can't believe that it is over and a new one has begun! I don't know where I'll be tomorrow, but I do know that it is where I need to go! I think it's appropriate to quote the words of the hymn we sang this morning in our comp study! These lyrics apply to everyone at every stage of life.

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go.

1. It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.

2. Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.

3. There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

So my invitation to all of you this week is to take the advice of the third verse of this song and trust with your all that God loves you and knows exactly where you need to be, what you need to say, and who you can become.
I love you all so much and I love this gospel, because it is true!



Much love
Sister Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment